Oats must truly be the food of the gods!
BEST THING TO EAT and DRINK
The high fiber content in oats removes the unwanted cholesterol from your digestive system before entering your blood stream! In the meanwhile, the antioxidant in oats, avenanthramides, protects the good cholesterol from oxidizing! Imagine the power of that, alone! Human beings can truly coexist with nature and all that it has in store for us.
A study published in the American Heart Journal revealed that oats, consumed at least 6x per week can truly benefit postmenopausal women suffering from high cholesterol or heart disease because it slows the development of plaque buildup in the veins, and it narrows the arterial passageway to reduce high pressure blood flow!
Another amazing internal health benefit of oats is it's ability to enhance our immune response to bacterial infection! The beta-glucan in oats helps our immune cells to navigate and locate the invasive pathogen and as such allows the body to build a quick and speedy response!
AN AMAZING FOOD FOR YOUR SKIN
Once made into a raw porridge of soaked oats in water--it feeds your skin with vitamins: B1, B2, B6, folate, niacin, and pantothenic acid, and minerals: calcium, iron, magnesium, phosphorous, sodium, zinc, copper, and maganese. The amino acids in oats moisturizes the skin--the beta glucan in the oat bran allows for deep moisture as it penetrates through the layers of your epidermis. Apply onto your face as mask and allow the nutrients to absorb into your skin for 10-15 minutes. Then wash off with luke warm water. It's great for inflamed, irritated dry and/or sensitive skin. You can also use the oat milk to cleanse your face and remove oil soluble dirt/makeup!
1.5 part organic rolled oats* to 3 parts water.
1. Allow oats to soak in water for 30minute minimum
*if oats cause bloating, as it does for me, then, when using steal cut oats, soak overnight in 3 cups water, strain in a sieve. Add 3 cups of fresh water and let soak 30 minutes. This extra step is to make the oats easier to digest.
2. Then blend oats and liquid for about 5 minutes total--it should be thick and creamy, yet a bit grainy.
3. Place a triple folded cheese cloth over a jar and hold it in place with a funnel. Pour oat milk. The cheese cloth with allow most of the fiber to go through which is what you WANT! Squeeze the collected fiber through the cheese cloth, pressing firmly to collect even more of the creamy colloidal.
4. Pour your strained milk back in to the blender. Add RAW ORGANIC honey and vanilla to taste. You can also add cinnamon or almond essence (add a few drops at a time per 1 cup of milk because it is very powerful). Blend for about 3 minutes until all is well incorporated.
5. Pour into your jar with lid on tightly and store in the fridge up to 5 days.
NOTE: For optimal benefits, do not discard too much fiber! If you feel it's too thick, add water. If too thin, soak more oats, and after 30 min. add the oats, discarding the water.
Thank you for visiting our website and blog. Through this medium, I hope to teach, enlighten, and inspire you about Mother Nature's wonders so that you can discover the true value healthy living. I want to foster a love for Nature so that we, as a collective, can take a stance to protecting our Earth as we indulge in the beautifying remedies Nature has in store for us!